Do you have a knack for reading people? Are you able to identify problems and construct solutions? Do you want to gain experience in building the capacity of a young, dynamic and growing not-for-profit organization that fosters justice, equality and intercultural dialogue? Are you a person who loves to take initiative? If yes, we are looking for you to join our team of dedicated young professionals!
About the position
Founded 1.5 year ago, Horizons is a rapidly growing international youth organization. In order to keep up with this change, our structure is evolving as well. We regularly receive emails of experienced, valuable and/ or interested people that are willing to volunteer for Horizons, and we are often developing new projects for which we need new volunteers.
As a Capacity Building Manager, you play an important role in identifying Horizons’ direction and steering it towards success. Your initial tasks will include analyzing the organization, identifying gaps that need to be filled, and building up strengths. You will consult with people throughout the organization and find out the skills and capacities they’d need to develop further. You would also find possible workshops and training courses for them to attend in order to make sure the team’s capacities and skills are being constantly developed..
Please be aware that we have no paid positions yet. We hope to receive some regularly funding in the near future, therefore knowledge about payments, salaries and contracts would be beneficial.
- Consulting with board members, project coordinators, project managers, you play an important role in identifying Horizons’ direction and steering it towards success
- Your initial tasks will include analyzing the organization, identifying gaps that need to be filled, and building up strengths
- You will consult with people throughout the organization and find out the skills and capacities they’d need to develop further. You would also find possible workshops and training courses for them to attend in order to make sure the team’s capacities and skills are being constantly developed..
- Providing encouragement and ideas across the organization;
- Maintaining and enhancing the organizations’ human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating volunteer relations, policies, programs, and practices;
- Scheduling and conducting evaluations with the board members, project managers and project coordinators every half a year;
- Establishing and conducting training and development programs according to the needs of the volunteers and the needs of the organization.
- Writing vacancies, selecting candidates and connecting them with their fellow committee members, project coordinators and managers;
- You are an innovative thinker who has experience or interest in organizational capacity building;
- Experience with internal communications and problem-solving
- Experienced in conducting interviews, recruiting and selecting candidates, estimating the needs in terms of human resources for an organization;
- Relevant background (Communications, Psychology, Human Resource Management);
- Preferably a young professional or at the end of your studies;
- A knack for recognizing peoples’ talents and skills;
- Excellent communication skills for internal communication and recruitment; excellent written and oral skills in English;
- Team player with a hands-on mentality;
- Affinity with Horizons’ vision and mission: intercultural dialogue, justice and equality;
- 8 hours of availability in a week, at least for one year.
What do we offer?
Horizons offers you a unique experience in the field of social activism within a young, dynamic and passionate organization. If selected, you get to develop your organizational and management skills. This position will provide you with a large network within the not-for-profit and public sector, which could benefit future career perspectives. As we are a young organization, the position is on an unpaid basis.
If you believe that you are the person we are looking for, we’d love to hear from you. Please send us your CV and a letter of motivation (preferable in PDF-format), before 26 May 2016 to email@example.com.